All you need to know about fence installation and how to get it done
When it comes to fence installation, most home owners prefer to handle it themselves but there are certain things that you need to review to make sure that the firm stands tall and firm, under most weather conditions. There are various materials that you can use for fencing your property – from metal wire fences, metal link fences to wooden fences with the later, often being the preferred option. One of the reasons that most home owners prefer to install a wooden fence is that it does not require much labor on their part and you should be able to handle the installation with ease. Do check out these tips for fence installation,
- Plan ahead: The first thing that you need to do is to check the exact layout of your property and mark the boundaries, so that you know exactly where your property ends and your neighbor’s lot begins, so make sure that you mark the boundaries clearly. You also need to find out what kind of permissions you need to install the fence and make sure that you obtain the same. You also need to determine where your utility line runs under the ground so that you can take care, when you are digging in, to install the fence. You can get all the fencing materials you need by searching online for fencing supplies Brisbane.
- Choosing the fence: As mentioned before, there are various kinds of fences that you can opt for. You can go in for metal based fences or opt for the wooden kind – for starter, the later happens to be cheaper and what’s more, you can handle the installation on your own. Google automatic gates Brisbane and that should list out some of the top ranked fence supplier shops in and around your area. Of course, you could also call in a few professionals and get the fence installed professionally.
- Tools: There are several tools that you would need when it comes to your fence installation. They happen to be masking tape, fence boards, liquid cement, tape measure, level, mason string, sledge hammer or mallet and much more.
- Installation: You need to bury a few pegs in the ground to mark the exact boundaries of your property. Now, you need to purchase the desired fence boards and make a note of their width. Then, make sure that you dig the required number of holes for your fence on the boundary. Now, set in the board, and pour liquid cement and wait for it to set. You need to repeat this process with every board and ensure that they all stand firm. You should now have a brand new wooden fence that marks the range of your property. Make sure that you also allow for a small gate to be installed in along with the fence.
- Cost: since you are installing your own fence it should cost you zilch. But if you are planning to call in the professionals to install your fence, then you should know that the cost is less when compared to that of installing a metal fence. This is one of the reasons why most people often go in for a wooden fence.
These are some of the tips regarding fence installation; you can get it all done on your own. But make sure that you review the various tips as they should come handy when you are installing your fence. The good news is that you do not need bucket loads of talent to install the wooden fence. All you need to do is to check out the detailed step by step guide and that should provide you with all the help and assistance you need. One of the reasons that you want to opt for fencing your property is to protect both yourself and your loved ones.